Monday, September 21, 2009

Eggs





Uh oh, I didn't upload the correct last image with the others (the one with the raw egg with the stones), I am now adding it tonight but I can't figure out how to put it at the end of the group.

My sentence was "In time eggs raw in color become stones". I had wanted to try to color the eggs but never got that far, then thought it got crazy enough with the last image of stones. I scanned everything using plastic that had an edge to protect the scanner (I did a test with a raw egg at home to be sure it didn't run off the plastic). There was a lot of time spent getting rid of the plastic haze so I am hoping the next assignment I can do more. I think I am getting the hang of this masking thing, little by little. Also I am not sure you can see there is an old pocket watch in the last image and an old little magnifying glass-necklace and the stone charm bracelett were all my grandmother's. I like the round shapes of the eggs and stones etc and Bethany connected it all to fertility and time going by, something I thought of at first but actually forgot as I tried to not make this about my little boy as I had the first assignment(and every thing I seem to think about)... seems I can't escape that connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment