Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Favoraite Photo ReDone

I decided to recreate Carl Iwasaki's "Teenagers Dating". Since the first time I laid eyes on this picture at a bagel shop in my home town I've been in love with it. I admire the simplicity of a black and white photo and I enjoy trying to figure out how life was in the 60's-- you know; when dishwashers and driers were a miracle to housewives not simply another chore, and when people dressed nicely because it was required (girls hair pinned up and guys keeping their boxers within the confinds of their pants). (see the real image at: http://www.life.com/image/tlp976635 )

This recreation was done with help from my best friend, Keelia, and her boyfriend, Red. It took me all Saturday and Sunday afternoon to get it just right (and even longer to try and figure out how to create the horizontal sidewalk) but I did it!

~ENJOY!

Anna Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment