Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunshine Flowers!










My Scanography project was inspired by some sunflowers my roomates had put in the kitchen the morning before class. I really loved the different color variations and sizes of the flowers. I liked the idea of picking the petals off and placing them onto the scanner and trying to achieve a natural look. On the second image I made it the darkest because I liked how the shadows looked on the petals. I felt like the braiding of the stems was a contrast to the petal-less flowers. I love how bold and bright the yellow looks against the black background. I cant really say which one I like the best because I like them as a series.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the progression of the flowers in their states of "undress"? I like the way it works down and down. Great lapse type of images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with what Corinne said, love the transitions, and it's great how the yellow stands out from the black.

    ReplyDelete